Children & Teen Summer Reading Programs
"Every Hero Has a Story" Children's Summer Reading Program
and "Unmask" Teen Summer Reading Program
Come in and sign up for programs in the kids' department.
Adult Summer Reading Program
Join the adult summer reading program, Escape the Ordinary, Saturday, June 13 through Saturday, August 8. Read books for a chance to win prizes!
Ask for tickets at the Circulation. The prize drawing will be held on Saturday, August 8. You need not be present to win.
The 2015 Adult Summer Reading Program is a Friends of the Library (W.O.L.F) sponsored event.
Read for Fines
Earn up to $9 off library fines. Pick up a Tic-Tac-Toe Card at the Circulation Desk. For every Card returned, get a $3.00 credit to reduce your fines. Or, you may donate your fine credit to another patron. Valid for overdue fees only, not replacement or other fees. You can enter a maximum of three Tic-Tac-Toe Cards. Plus, you get a raffle ticket for every Tic-Tac-Toe Card to enter in the Grand Prize Drawing, an Amazon Kindle HD7. Read for Fines runs from June 13 to August 8.
How many books can you read this summer? Pick up a double Book Review form at the
Circulation Desk. Read any books you like. For each book you read, fill out the Book Review form (2 reviews on each form). Each Friday, a prize winner will be drawn at Noon for that week’s Book Review entries. Be sure to read at least two books every week to be eligible for all six weekly drawings. Plus, you get a raffle ticket for every double Book Review form to enter in the Grand Prize Drawing, an Amazon Kindle HD7. The Reading Challenge runs from June 13—August 8.
Drawing 1— June 20, $10 gift card to Book World
Drawing 2— June 27, $10 gift card to Butch’s Pizza
Drawing 3— July 11, $10 gift card to Trig’s
Drawing 4— July 18, $10 gift card to McDonald’s
Drawing 5— July 25, $10 gift card to Pick ‘n Save
Drawing 6—August 1, $10 gift card to Friendship House
Adult Book Club
Our adult book group meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Library Community Room. The group creates a list of titles every few months and is always open to new suggestions. Participants can borrow copies of the books from the library or order them, whenever possible, through interlibrary loan. New members are always welcome.
Upcoming titles and summary
The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America by Timothy Egan
|June 4th||Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
|July 2nd||Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Pamela Smith Hill (Editor)|
The Olson Memorial Library offers many services and special collections to our patrons and the community.
- Public access computers which include word processing, email, educational games and printing capabilities
- FREE 24 hour wireless access
- Laminator and color copier
- Fax service
- Loanable LCD projector with attachment cables for most laptops
- Slide projector
- Conference/meeting room: make reservations ahead of time; it's a popular place!
- Sorenson nTouch videophone for the deaf and hard-of-hearing which enables the user to conduct conversations through a video relay system using American Sign Language. The nTouch software is installed on a library laptop with a built-in camera and is available free of charge
- Fishing HotSpot maps for northern Wisconsin lakes and Upper Michigan lakes can be checked out like a book (for two weeks).
- Cake pans are available for checkout just like books. Search in our catalog under the subject: cake pans
- Kids' activity kits including puppets and games; Weekly story times and fascinating summer library programs
- Large audio and video collections, both VHS and DVD
Printing, Photocopying and FAX
Our printer is accessible from our public use computers. Printouts are .10/page.
The library has a photocopier for public use.
Black and white copies are:
- .15/side for 8 1/2 x 11 and 8 1/2 x 14
- .25/side for 11x17
Color copies are:
- .25/side for 8 1/2 x 11
- 1.25/side for 8 1/2 x 14
- 1.75/side for 11 x 17
Fax service is available at the Circulation Desk. Within the United States, the cost for outgoing fax pages is $1.00 per page; international faxes are $4.00 per page. Incoming faxes are $1.00 per page. A staff member will send your FAX for you.
As an alternative to faxing, you can use our photocopier/scanner to copy a document, and then e-mail the copy at $1.00 per page.