The Olson Memorial Library offers many services to our patrons and the community.
- Public access computers which include word processing, email, educational games and printing capabilities
- FREE 24 hour wireless access
- Kids' activity kits including puppets and games; Weekly story times and fascinating summer library programs
- Large audio and video collections, both VHS and DVD
- Laminator and color copier
- Fax service
- Overhead and media projector with Powerpoint capabilities
- Slide projector
- 16mm movie projector and a tape recorder all of which may be checked out locally.
- Conference/meeting room-make reservations ahead of time; it's a popular place!
- Sorenson nTouch videophone for the deaf and hard-of-hearing which enables the user to conduct conversations through a video relay system using American Sign Language. The nTouch software is installed on a library laptop with a built-in camera and is available free of charge
The library has a copy machine that will copy in black and white or color.
The cost for black and white is:
- .15/side for 8 1/2 x 11 and 8 1/2 x 14
- .25/side for 11x17
Color copies are:
- .25/side for 8 1/2 x 11
- 1.25/side for 8 1/2 x 14
- 1.75/side for 11 x 17
Our printer is accessible from our public use computers. Printouts are .10/page.
The Library also offers fax services at $1.00/page.
Inter Library Loan
Need that special item that's not available here at Olson Memorial Library? Let us find it for you at one of the other libraries within the Northern Waters Library System. We also have at our disposal a vast array of resources and library systems that can help us get that elusive book, thesis, geneaology, or archived newspaper article. Just call and ask; chances are good we will be able to locate what you need.
Our extensive reference section includes both children's and adult encyclopedias, law, college, and career information. Here you will also find automotive help, including Chilton's, NADA new and used car guides, atlases, phone books and numerous other guides.