Volunteers are very important to the smooth running of Olson Memorial Library. Their many tasks include:
- Circulation desk--checking books in and out, entering new patrons
- Shelving books and other materials
- Preparing books and other materials for the shelves--applying book protection covers, CD and DVD protectors, affixing labels
- Repairing books
- Searching for and preparing books and other materials for Interlibrary Loan delivery and/or for hold shelf when received
- Calling patrons when Interlibrary Loan materials have been received
- Helping in our childrens' department
- Correspondence to donors
To volunteer, call Mickee Stuckemeyer at 479-8070 or email
We are proud of these dedicated volunteers who
have contributed many hours helping at the library.
Our 2014 Volunteer of the year is Helen Welch. Helen is an extraordinary volunteer at the Olson Memorial Library; she truly does make a difference and is completely dedicated to all the tasks she performs. You will see her shelving books when they are returned or working at the booksale. She is enthused about any task we ask her to do and brings the absolutely warmest smile to everyone she comes in contact with. We are extremely proud to claim Helen as a volunteer. CONGRATULATIONS HELEN!
Friends of the Library
The Friends have been instrumental in the purchase of books, furnishings, and equipment for the library; they have also volunteered for book sales and other events, and have brought their talents into Olson Memorial Library as shelvers, circulation assistants, correspondents, and decorators. The Friends are an integral part of the library's life.
Dues: $10.00 per year
Contact: Nan Andrews