Volunteers are very important to the smooth running of Olson Memorial Library. Their many tasks include:
- Circulation desk--checking books in and out, entering new patrons
- Shelving books and other materials
- Preparing books and other materials for the shelves--applying book protection covers, CD and DVD protectors, affixing labels
- Repairing books
- Searching for and preparing books and other materials for Interlibrary Loan delivery and/or for hold shelf when received
- Calling patrons when Interlibrary Loan materials have been received
- Helping in our childrens' department
- Correspondence to donors
To volunteer, call Mickee Stuckemeyer at 479-8070 or email
We are proud of these dedicated volunteers who
have contributed many hours helping at the library.
Our 2012 Volunteer of the year is Judy Wainwright. Judy is an extraordinary volunteer at the Olson Memorial Library; she truly does make a difference with everyone she comes in contact with. She is completely dedicated to all the tasks she performs. You will see her at the circulation desk checking out items for you, finding that special book in our system, or creating a new library card. She is enthused about any task we ask her to do and brings humor to everything she tackles. We are extremely proud to claim Judy as a volunteer. CONGRATULATIONS JUDY!
Friends of the Library
The Friends have been instrumental in the purchase of books, furnishings, and equipment for the library; they have also volunteered for book sales and other events, and have brought their talents into Olson Memorial Library as shelvers, circulation assistants, correspondents, and decorators. The Friends are an integral part of the library's life.
Dues: $10.00 per year